attempt|attempts in English
[at·tempt || ə'tempt]
try, assay; effort to do or accomplish something; assault, attack (as "an attempt on someone life")
Use "attempt|attempts" in a sentence
1. Invalid password attempts result in only the password-attempt counter being incremented.
2. 26 Dunking: Dunking affects how often your player will attack the rim and attempt high percentage shots. Better dunkers also generate more free throw attempts.
3. The time for the first retransmission attempt is adjusted according to the calculated round-trip time and the resulting stretch of time that those attempts take varies accordingly.
4. Another failed attempt.
5. Attempts to revive him failed.
6. Attempts to intimidate her failed.
7. Attempts to Explain the Beginning
8. Attempts to Shut the Door
9. Their attempts will most assuredly fail.
10. He scoffed at our amateurish attempts.
11. attempts to prevent cancer cell proliferation.
12. She forestalled their attempt.
13. Attempts were made to equalize property.
14. He has survived several assassination attempts.
15. Attempts to reach him were futile.
16. Last-minute attempts at mediation failed.
17. The subversion attempts proved predictably futile.
18. Or fall in attempt.
19. Multiple attempts to resuscitate the baby fail.
20. Attempts to pump out the water failed.
21. All attempts to control inflation have failed.
22. We had to abandon our abortive attempts.
23. Banks may resist the attempts at rationing.
24. He made strenuous attempts to stop her.
25. It is an attempt, perhaps a rather naive attempt, to apply information theory to decoration.