bobcats in English
This 137,400-acre expanse supports prairie dogs, coyotes, foxes, black bears, mountain lions, bobcats , elk, mule deer, and over 200 kinds of birds.
Use "bobcats" in a sentence
1. 14 Bobcats roam wild in the mountains.
2. A few melanistic bobcats have been sighted and captured in Florida.
3. I hear the Big Belt in the Blue has beavers the size of bobcats.
4. To survive a winter in these mountains takes tenacity, and bobcats have that in abundance.
5. It is framed by gentle hills that look down on oak groves that abound with deer, bobcats and golden eagles.
6. According to the National Agricultural Statistics Service, bobcats killed 11,100 sheep in 2004, comprising 4.9% of all sheep predator deaths.
7. Other creatures include badgers, bats, bobcats, coyotes, kit foxes, kangaroo rats, mountain lions, porcupines, rabbit, skunks, wild burros, lizards, snakes, and desert tortoises.
8. Skunks and foxes also can be infected with rabies , and a few cases have been reported in wolves , coyotes , bobcats , and ferrets .
9. He resuscitated his career by contributing to a finals-bound Dallas Mavericks squad and is now a reserve center with the Charlotte Bobcats.
10. It was hardly the lineup Charlotte fans expected when they purchased tickets for the game. The Bobcats' had only their fifth sellout in 39 home games.
11. The 43-year-old Jordan, a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, led the Bulls to six NBA titles and was a five-time league MVP.
12. While larger species, such as cattle and horses, are not known to be attacked, bobcats do present a threat to smaller ruminants, such as sheep and goats.
13. Predators of prairie dogs include badgers (Taxidea taxus), black-footed ferrets (Mustela nigripes;), bobcats (Lynx rufus), coyotes (Canis latrans;), long-tailed weasels (Mustela frenata), red foxes (Vulpes vulpes), bull snakes (Pituophis melanoleucus), prairie rattlesnakes (Crotalus viridis), Cooper’s hawks (Accipiter cooperii), ferruginous hawks (Buteo regalis), golden eagles (Aquila chrysaetos), northern harriers (Circus cyaneus), peregrine falcons (Falco peregrinus), prairie falcons (Falco mexicanus), redtailed hawks (Buteo jamaicensis), and Swainson’s hawks (Buteo swainsoni; Sperry 1934, Olendorf 1976, Hoogland 1981, Hoogland 1982b, Powell 1982, Halpin 1983, Campbell et al. 1987, Hoogland 1995).