boer in English
During the 16th and 17th centuries, Dutch, Boers , Germans, and Huguenots migrated to South Africa, and these people brought with them their own European hunting dogs.
This meant the destruction of Boer farms, the confiscation of horses, cattle and wagons and the rounding up of the inhabitants, usually women and children.
Use "boer" in a sentence
1. 28 The Boer goat ear skin fibroblast nucleo-transferred embryos and bovine-goat(Boer) interspecies clone embryos have been evaluated by studying the ultrastructure of Boer goat embryos in vivo.
2. 1900 – Second Boer War: British troops relieve Mafeking.
3. The Boer goat ear skin fibroblast nucleo-transferred embryos and bovine-goat(Boer) interspecies clone embryos have been evaluated by studying the ultrastructure of Boer goat embryos in vivo.
4. From 1899 to 1901 he fought in the Boer war.
5. Boer nationalism merely erected a massive legislative panoply for racial discrimination.
6. I missed Matata's sixth sense and the Boer war rifle.
7. Three years later, in South Africa during the Second Boer War, Baden-Powell was besieged in the small town of Mafikeng (Mafeking) by a much larger Boer army.
8. Most of these guns are relics from the Boer War.
9. The Boer War, or South African War, of 1899-1902 was pretty pointless.
10. It included a rifle rack and was used in the Second Boer War.
11. Yvo de Boer is the top climate official at the United Nations.
12. They relieved the three besieged cities, and invaded the two Boer republics in late 1900.
13. In 1899, 20 years later, the Anglo-Boer war started, lasting almost four years.
14. Of the aristocracy. The Boer War started it, and 1914 put the lid on.
15. This article is particular in solving the problem of inhancing the conception rats of boer goats.
16. Perhaps unsurprisingly, de Boer was a rare optimistic voice amid the clamour of blame and recrimination.
17. As guerrillas without uniforms, the Boer fighters easily blended into the farmlands, which provided hiding places, supplies, and horses.
18. Small wonder that, by the time of the Boer War, the pacifists felt like a small and beleaguered minority.
19. It's smashed up the power of the aristocracy. The Boer War started it, and 1914 put the lid on.
20. In 1899 Transvaal joined with Orange Free State against Britain in the South African (Boer) War.
21. As in the Boer War, pocket watches were uncomfortable and even dangerous to use in combat situations.
22. Once again, however, it took the fears engendered by the Boer War to arouse widespread interest in the issue.
23. Two years later she applied to nurse in the Boer War and died from typhoid fever at Simonstown, aged
24. But there is one bone in the vocal tract – the hyoid – and Dr de Boer began by studying it.
25. The Boer answers at quiet:I certainly know I also hope earnestly to take down this ball very.
26. This was the one international issue between the Boer War and 1914 which mobilized large public demonstrations.
27. She was converted to pacifism by the Quaker Hilda Clark, while at university during the Boer war.
28. A career soldier, he had died leading his men into battle at Spion Kop during the Boer War.
29. Relationships of the perhaps monozygotic twins Boer goat were appraised by Hb, Tf, LAP, Pa - Amy and RAPD.
30. Small wonder that, by the time of the Boer War(Sentencedict.com), the pacifists felt like a small and beleaguered minority.
31. De Boer has produced an equally stimulating epilogue, collating well the topics in the book into an integrating conservation framework.
32. Many officers began to wear trench coats at the turn of the century, during the Boer War in South Africa.
33. 1900 - Oscar II, King of Sweden, declares support for Britain at the time of the Second Boer War.
34. During his army career, Churchill saw military action in India, in the Sudan and the Second Boer War.
35. A historical X-ray of the foot of a Boer War (1899-190 soldier, showing a gunshot wound.
36. De Boer has failed to impress since his arrival from Barcelona, but his presence here gave Rangers lustre.
37. Most of the guns, however, were at least 40 years old, some of them relics from the Boer War.
38. 25 Bart de Boer, a linguist at the University of Amsterdam, adds that the paper "looks methodologically quite sound."
39. I was comforted when Matata showed me a Boer war rifle wrapped in rags in the bottom of the canoe.
40. As in the Boer War, the issue of peace cut across class lines, opening the way to a political realignment.
41. 14 Recruitment was a major source of anxiety following Boer War revelations about the high rate of recruits rejected on grounds of ill-health.
42. De Boer said: "We're at a very important moment in time, and at a very important moment of political stock taking.
43. Winston Churchill, Life Magazine's Man of The Century, first made a name for himself as a daring soldier in the Boer War.
44. DNA samples were harvested from 11 Boer billy goat and amplified by 10 selected arbitrary primers, and 113 markers including 31 polymorphic markers were observed.
45. Recruitment was a major source of anxiety following Boer War revelations about the high rate of recruits rejected on grounds of ill-health.
46. 10 DNA samples were harvested from 11 Boer billy goat and amplified by 10 selected arbitrary primers, and 113 markers including 31 polymorphic markers were observed.
47. De Boer pointed out that the 1997 Kyoto protocol, the world's existing treaty on greenhouse gas emissions, took several years to finalise and to come into force.
48. Travers, T. H. E. "Technology, Tactics, and Morale: Jean de Bloch, the Boer War and British Military Theory, 1900-19 " Journal of Modern History 51 (June 1979): 264-
49. At the time of publication, Victoria was queen, the 3rd Marquess of Salisbury was the Conservative Prime Minister, and the Second Boer War was raging.
50. Known as "Reverse" Buller by his troops during the Second Boer War, the Englishman was first defeated at the Battle of Colenso and subsequently lost his position as overall commander.