cast down in English
Use "cast down" in a sentence
1. Don't be cast down, Lizzy.
2. The enemy cast down their weapons.
3. He is not easily cast down.
4. You mustn't be cast down, Miss Nell.
5. He was exasperated, but not cast down.
6. They cast down their weapons at last.
7. Why art thou cast down , O my soul?
8. The country girl cast down her eyes shyly.
9. He was cast down by the sad news.
10. Back at Cultra, Jessica Roberts was also cast down.
11. The enemy intruders cast down their weapons and surrendered.
12. They bowed their heads and cast down their eyes.
13. Many investors were cast down for the bearish market.
14. The warlord was not unusually cast down, despite the situation.
15. 9 Many investors were cast down for the bearish market.
16. Villagers angrily cast down the marble statue of the former tyrant.
17. Standing timidly before the teacher, the girl cast down her eyes.
18. True believers must cast down the temples of the false gods.
19. Sylvia's been cast down ever since her mother became so ill.
20. He cast down monsters and destroyed Chaos warriors with a word.
21. She could not bear to see him so miserable and cast down.
22. * The great and abominable church shall be cast down, D&C 29:21.
23. She had cast down her eyes demurely, her heart beating with wild pleasure.
24. The slaves rose and backed out of the chamber, their eyes cast down.
25. He was much cast down when he heard of his failure at the examination.
26. Cast down that over-mighty, conceited, lying, sleazy failure of a government from its seat.
27. Moore listened at first with his eyes cast down, but soon he furtively raised them.
28. * The great and abominable church shall be cast down by devouring fire, D&C 29:21.
29. In the course of this, “he erected churches, cast down idols, and set up crosses on the highways.”
30. It is rising so high that makes us afraid, he thought, lest we fall or are cast down.
31. Napoleon Buonaparte is cast down from the throne, and the right of succession in his family is abolished.
32. Every twenty seconds their elongated selves were flung before him, their shadows cast down by the lighthouse beam.
33. It was of a suitable Ash Wednesday character and left the congregation feeling sober and a little cast down.
34. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.
35. Women cast down, on whom life had left its mark, were to him sisters under the skin regardless of station.
36. 1 It was of a suitable Ash Wednesday character and left the congregation feeling sober and a little cast down.
37. The Holy Scripture, which Marx learned in high school, says that devil was cast down by an angel into the abyss (Rev. .
38. Exodus 7 : 12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.
39. The Holy Scripture, which Marx learned in high school, says that devil was cast down by an angel into the abyss (Rev. 20:3).
40. In this process of dissolution, the monadically closed-off subjectivity of self-assertive and mutually objectifying individuals is dispossessed and cast down into the abyss.
41. The Book Ȧm-Ṭuat, dated 1375 B.C.E., speaks of those who “shall be cast down headlong into the pits of fire; and . . . shall not escape therefrom, and . . . shall not be able to flee from the flames.”
42. In addition, Satan has been cast down to the earth and wages vicious warfare against anointed Christians, “the remaining ones of [the woman’s] seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.”
43. Thereafter war takes place in heaven: Michael and his angels battle with the dragon and his angels; Michael is victorious and the dragon, Satan, the Devil, the original serpent, is cast down to the earth along with his cohorts.
44. In the same book of Ezekiel the king of Tyre is used to picture the Devil from the time he was in Eden and when he became iniquitous and was cast out of God’s family and was abased as if being cast down to a Tartarus.