copernicus in English
Nikolaus Copernicus (1473-1543), Polish astronomer, developer of the Copernican System (theory that the planets revolve around the sun); family name; noticeable lunar crate
Use "copernicus" in a sentence
1. Lord Cardinal Bellarmine told me that Copernicus' opinion could be held suppositionally as Copernicus himself had held it.
2. Copernicus justified his innovation by citing respected authorities.
3. Copernicus represents the last word in refinements.
4. Copernicus was terribly persecuted for his scientific theory.
5. Among astronomers, Nicholas Copernicus suddenly appeared as a colossus.
6. Among astronomers(Sentencedict.com), Nicholas Copernicus suddenly appeared as a colossus.
7. The Copernicus Space Component shall include the following activities:
8. Galileo responded that his book was critical of Copernicus.
9. Background: Chart depicting Copernicus’ concept of the solar system
10. Copernicus suspected that there was an essential error in Ptolemaic cosmology.
11. Even the pope himself urged Copernicus to publish his work.
12. Copernicus anticipated in part the discoveries of the 17th and 18th centuries.
13. Other scientists would continue the work that Nicolaus Copernicus began.
14. Another of the giants was the Polish scientist Nicolaus Copernicus.
15. Nicolaus Copernicus said: 'being brave in exploring the truth is hominine vocation.
16. Nicolas Copernicus challenged the mindset and found that it was heliocentric.
17. Here is how Copernicus summed up his picture of the solar system.
18. Luther said of Copernicus: “This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy.”
19. The revolution of the Earth around the sun was proposed by Copernicus.
20. 26 Copernicus suspected that there was an essential error in Ptolemaic cosmology.
21. The uncommon sense of Copernicus, Galileo and Giordano Bruno, who was burned to death.
22. Copernicus module is a complete 12 - channel GPS receiver thumbnail - sized shielded unit.
23. 16 Nicolaus Copernicus said: 'being brave in exploring the truth is hominine vocation.
24. Copernicus' ideas were well in advance of the age in which he lived.
25. The uncommon sense of Copernicus, Galileo and Giordano Bruno, who burned to death.
26. The craters are named after great scientists of the past: Tycho and Copernicus.
27. In Kepler's defense of Copernicus, mathematical, physical, and theological considerations all carried weight.
28. Some arguments against Copernicus based on astronomical considerations have been mentioned earlier in this book.
29. Copernicus did not even try to convince people that the Earth really orbited the Sun.
30. Copernicus' aesthetic objections to provided one essential motive for his rejection of the Ptolemaic system...
31. Studies to test COPERNICUS/GMES data would allow Member States to identify illegal abstraction.
32. It was not until 1543 that an alternative model was put forward by Copernicus.
33. He also propounded the Heliocentric theory of gravitation, thus predating Copernicus by almost one thousand years.
34. Copernicus' aesthetic objections to [equants] provided one essential motive for his rejection of the Ptolemaic system....
35. Perhaps the argument that constituted the most serious threat to Copernicus was the so-called tower argument.
36. If you were Nicolaus Copernicus , would you have hidden your theory for so many years?
37. This eliminated the complex system of epicycles that both Copernicus and Ptolemy had found necessary.
38. 7 In Kepler's defense of Copernicus, mathematical, physical,[www.Sentencedict.com] and theological considerations all carried weight.
39. Descartes received his stimulus from the new physics and astronomy of Copernicus, Galileo, and others.
40. delivering accurate and reliable data and information to Copernicus users, supplied on a long-term and sustainable basis enabling the services referred to in Article 5(1) and responding to the requirements of Copernicus core users;
41. Descartes received his stimulus from the new physics and astronomy of Copernicus, Galileo[Sentencedict.com ], and others.
42. It will also support aggregating the demand of European launchers for the Galileo and Copernicus programmes.
43. First, Copernicus eliminated the discontinuity between the terrestrial world and the rest of the physical universe.
44. The character Dr. Beverly Crusher was born in Copernicus City on the surface of the moon.
45. 21 Descartes received his stimulus from the new physics and astronomy of Copernicus, Galileo, and others.
46. It is difficult to determine what caused Copernicus to overthrow the fourteen - hundred - year - old Ptolemaic theory.
47. It was a weak defense, for in the book a most convincing case had been made for Copernicus.
48. From Aristotle - Ptolemy's geocentric said Copernicus - Galileo said that the heart of the evolution spent time in 2000.
49. It was only later, when he started authoring his scholarly works, that Mikołaj adopted the Latinized name Nicolaus Copernicus.
50. In 15 the Polish astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus said that the Earth and all of the other planets revolve around the Sun .