dejected in English
he stood in the street looking dejected
nothing dejects a trader like the interruption of his profits
Use "dejected" in a sentence
1. They were thoroughly dejected and miserable.
2. She looked sorrowful and dejected.
3. Greg sounded dejected. "Anything wrong?" I said.
4. Being in low spirits; dejected and disheartened.
5. I was the most dejected, disconsolate creature alive.
6. The unemployed stood at street corners, dejected.
7. Everyone has days when they feel dejected or down.
8. It sniffed at the ground and stood, dejected, motionless.
9. THE KING BECOMES “DEJECTED” IN A WAR
10. Peter was dejected,his confidence in tatters.
11. The old man seemed dejected and spiritless.
12. Then they walked away, humbled and dejected.
13. He was totally dejected said RSPCA inspector Terry Winbstone.
14. Then they walked away[Sentencedict.com], humbled and dejected.
15. She was reported to be deeply depressed and feeling dejected.
16. Repeated failure had left them feeling very dejected.
17. As described at the outset, I was lonely and dejected.
18. When did the king of the north become “dejected”?
19. She gazed with compassion at the two dejected figures.
20. A man used to vicissitudes is not easily dejected.
21. She looked so dejected when she lost the game.
22. And he raises up the dejected one to salvation.
23. Kirkwood was a particularly dejected figure after their defeat.
24. One glance at the doctor's dejected expression answered my question.
25. Why is she looking so dejected, in such low spirits?
26. He looked utterly dejected when she told him he'd failed again.
27. 5 My 12-year-old came home from school red-eyed and dejected.
28. My 12-year-old came home from school red-eyed and dejected.
29. One day after sports practice, Coach Z noticed Homestar Runner looking dejected.
30. Dejected, he led Legolas and Gimli to the site of the battle.
31. The election result has left Green Party members confused, dismayed and dejected.
32. She looked a bit dejected when she was told that she hadn't got the job.
33. Owen was alternately dejected and maddened by the knowledge of his own helplessness.
34. At the time, however, rejected again, he bade farewell and, dejected, rode off.
35. Nicholson returned to the bosom of his friends, somewhat dejected but still determined.
36. He was dashing and dejected, poised and chagrined. He was complacent and insecure.
37. Last of all came Fiver, dejected and reluctant as a sparrow in the frost.
38. 8 Under this assault, the king of the north became “dejected” and conceded defeat in 1918.
39. She looked very dejected when she was told that she hadn't got the job.
40. Why does the child believe deep within himself that Cinderella deserves her dejected state?
41. He was understandably dejected after losing in the first round to an unseeded American.
42. So the mouse returned to the house, head down dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone.
43. In retrospect, I was a sad little boy and a standard-issue, shiftless, egotistical, dejected teen-ager.
44. Others feel dejected because of poor health, old age or some physical handicap such as failing eyesight.
45. There at a table was a clearly dejected, drooping Auguste, with large dark circles under his eyes.
46. A dejected Hammam is prepared for the worst - sacrificing Premier League status and possibly even suffering successive seasons of relegation.
47. On this occasion City accepted with relish the chances which came their way and inflicted serious psychological damage on their dejected opponents.
48. Behind her, the backdrop depicted some dejected and very limp trees, possibly willows that had practised their weeping rather well.
49. And I knew that I'd be seeing it in my more dejected moments for a long time to come.
50. I spent the better part of my time moping around the house, too dejected to think about practicing my stunts.