demotic in English
There's a kind of staidness and a kind of fear, I suppose, of playfulness, of merriment, of the colloquial and the demotic .
Use "demotic" in a sentence
1. Folktale reflects demotic ideas about value.
2. The Coptic alphabet adds eight letters derived from Demotic.
3. It is television's demotic style of language.
4. The socioligist maintained that a demotic society would lower the nation's standards.
5. Everything is for the Demotic Benefit Animadvert on " Bureaucracy Standard " and " Money Standard "
6. Cubism was hard to read, willfully ambiguous , and yet demotic too.
7. Coptic is a modified Greek alphabet with the addition of some Demotic signs.
8. Demotic script on a replica of the rosetta stone on display in Magdeburg.
9. Losses that bring to national and demotic wealth caused by the flood are very huge.
10. The demotic poetry of Robert Burns or the skirl of bagpipes at Highland gatherings are easily appreciated by immigrants.
11. The phases of ancient Egyptian are Old Egyptian, Middle Egyptian (Classical Egyptian), Late Egyptian, Demotic and Coptic.
12. When portraying factory scenes for advertisements in trade journals he would adopt a more straight forward, demotic style.
13. In 1901, The Acropolis, a prominent Athenian newspaper, published the Gospel of Matthew rendered in the Demotic Greek by Alexander Pallis, a translator working in Liverpool, England.
14. Vietnam's documents mentioned geographic name Hoang Sa, known as Cat Vang or Con Vang in the Nom (demotic script), again very consistent from the beginning of the century XVII, from the Nguyen Lords' period to the century XX.
15. mentioned geographic name Hoang Sa, known as Cat Vang or Con Vang in the Nom (demotic script), again very consistent from the beginning of the century XVII, from the Nguyen Lords 'period to the century XX.