dismay in English
Use "dismay" in a sentence
1. He looked at her in dismay.
2. Dismay at the Calamity
3. She gave a smothered yelp of dismay.
4. 8 The old man groaned with dismay.
5. John felt a lurch of dismay.
6. To their dismay, the door was locked.
7. A hushed dismay hovered over the town.
8. The old man groaned with dismay.
9. 10 They stared at each other in dismay.
10. The news was received with dismay.
11. The news was greeted with widespread dismay.
12. They stared at each other in dismay.
13. 4 He looked at her in dismay.
14. Otherwise, inundation would ensue to our dismay.
15. She could not keep the dismay from her voice.
16. 6 'Someone stolen my house!' she said in dismay.
17. I read of her resignation with some dismay.
18. "Someone stole my house!" she said in dismay.
19. 'someone stole my house!'she said in dismay.
20. Tonight the Diocese of Oxford reacted with dismay.
21. Louise stared at the torn letter in dismay.
22. Dauntless regarded this imposing edifice with dismay.
23. She let out a groan of dismay.
24. His initial surge of euphoria was quickly followed by dismay.
25. Now, for many people, urbanization causes great dismay.
26. I am filled with dismay at the news.
27. The crowd threw up their hands in dismay.
28. The thought of leaving filled him with dismay . Sentencedict.com
29. 3 The crowd threw up their hands in dismay.
30. 1 Local councillors have reacted with dismay and indignation.
31. 5 Moses and Aaron fell upon their faces in dismay.
32. To her dismay, the blood continued to ooze out, unabated.
33. 'Someone stolen my house!' she said in dismay.
34. I felt a mounting dismay at the prospect.
35. Local councillors have reacted with dismay and indignation.
36. She looked in dismay at her half-clothed puppet.
37. To her dismay, her name was not on the list.
38. 5 She could not hide her dismay at the result.
39. She could not hide her dismay at the result.
40. The news was greeted with dismay in some quarters.
41. 4 I read of her resignation with some dismay.
42. 15 The government has expressed "deep dismay" at police violence against protesters.
43. We watched in blank dismay as she packed her bags.
44. He learned to his dismay that he had lost his job.
45. 17 His initial surge of euphoria was quickly followed by dismay.
46. That the falsehoods concerned a nuclear power plant sharpened the dismay.
47. It was impossible to hide my dismay at what I had seen.
48. 20 He learned to his dismay that he had lost his job.
49. Albert, normally poker faced, wore a look of pure dismay.
50. Brady made no secret of his dismay over his treatment.