dissent in English
two members dissented from the majority
Use "dissent" in a sentence
1. I wish to dissent .
2. Two jurors signified their dissent.
3. Political dissent is not tolerated.
4. Tony Blair, for burying dissent.
5. The teacher laughed her dissent.
6. I respectfully dissent and would reverse.
7. We must dissent from the indifference.
8. We must dissent from the apathy.
9. Bodie ignored the sounds of dissent.
10. Even the Japanese dissent indiscreet ways.
11. However, considerable dissent developed within XFree86.
12. The regime ruthlessly suppresses all dissent.
13. He would brook no serious dissent.
14. Yet dissent arose even on that point.
15. We do not dissent from that proposition.
16. Laws criminalize peaceful expression of peaceful dissent.
17. The voices of dissent were effectively smothered.
18. Few historians would dissent from this view.
19. There are many ways of expressing dissent.
20. Third, the student plays a role of dissent.
21. In those days, religious dissent was not tolerated.
22. I dissent altogether from such an unwise idea.
23. Other nations condemned the ruler for repressing dissent.
24. These voices of dissent grew louder and louder.
25. Voices of dissent began to rise against the bomb.
26. No one dared dissent from the official party line.
27. The present government is even less tolerant of dissent.
28. However, Suharto also disbanded Aspri to appease popular dissent.
29. Religious dissent is, indeed, one source of civil unrest.
30. 7 Preventing dissent may discourage creative thinking within the group.
31. Any political system refusing to allow dissent becomes a tyranny.
32. Your dissent on Godfrey v. Kent was brilliant, by the way.
33. Saddam Hussein's police state ruthlessly eliminates anyone who dares to dissent.
34. There were murmurs of both assent and dissent from the crowd.
35. Instead, internal dissent worsened, and a new civil war broke out.
36. You've accused the players of dirty tactics... cheating, dissent, foul play.
37. Stability only exists in the country because dissent has been suppressed.
38. Anti-war dissent was increasing by the time Nixon took office.
39. It suppressed political dissent and oppositional parties, manipulated elections and militarized labour.
40. But critics have accused him of being autocratic and intolerant of dissent.
41. He said the enemy kills without mercy and opposes freedom and dissent.
42. Where Silence Rules: The Suppression of Dissent in Malawi, Human Rights Watch.
43. Anyone wishing to dissent from the motion should now raise their hand.
44. The Communist authorities have done nothing less than silence all public dissent.
45. The regime tried to silence dissent with a programme of mass murder.
46. Soon these combined winds of dissent would grow into a twister of protest.
47. Second, we need to create the space for what I call "managed dissent."
48. 27 But critics have accused him of being autocratic and intolerant of dissent.
49. Voter abstention is seen as the only real form of dissent in elections.
50. The only freedoms of the truly enslaved are subtle subversion and private dissent.