evoke in English
the sight of American asters evokes pleasant memories of childhood
To evoke the Deities, raise the clasped hands to the center of the forehead.
Use "evoke" in a sentence
1. 7 Aroma, like music, can often evoke memories.
2. 4 His appearance is bound to evoke sympathy.
3. They evoke no ardor in the male breast.
4. 3 His case is unlikely to evoke public sympathy.
5. And it will evoke the bells of the Vatican.
6. YOU evoke light out of the universe, in the same way you, by virtue of having a soft skin, evoke hardness out of wood.
7. Both evoke pity, but Caroline occasionally also provokes revulsion.
8. Any requirement that may be construed as'compulsory'will evoke some rebelliousness.
9. 5 Both evoke pity, but Caroline occasionally also provokes revulsion.
10. 2 Smells and tastes often evoke memories from the past.
11. Brand AudIt'shows that Panodol , Tylenol , and Bufferin evoke different association.
12. 6 It may even evoke a memory of a place.
13. 12 Or they may fail to evoke a response at all.
14. There are times when Rondo's speed and decisiveness evoke Isiah Thomas.
15. Brand Audit shows that Panodol, Tylenol, and Bufferin evoke different association.
16. 18 Cellular phones, too, often evoke a confused state of dread.
17. These images are likely to evoke a strong response in the viewer.
18. Now, with the work in progress, the house continues to evoke emotions.
19. Some even release jasminelike vapors that can evoke a response in other plants.
20. That is, a single schema had been used to evoke a behavioral response.
21. 1 These images are likely to evoke a strong response in the viewer.
22. BIRTH and DEATH connect , demarcate time and space and evoke departures and arrivals.
23. But why does the sound of a wailing banshee evoke the same response?
24. Near the boundary, the electrical stimulation may spread enough to evoke both movements.
25. 16 These memories may evoke in her a special need to be protected.
26. The loyalties they create, evoke, or reflect are steeped in humanity's characteristic tribalism.
27. These inspiring structures can tantalize and evoke emotions not normally associated with mega structures.
28. 21 Near the boundary, the electrical stimulation may spread enough to evoke both movements.
29. 11 The Glasgow they evoke is a very hard and a very lively place.
30. How does the game evoke the ethos and atmosphere and pageantry of its setting?
31. One call might evoke a window, with the standard scroll bars and title bar.
32. It would inevitably evoke a strong repercussion among people from different walks of life.
33. Home decorators, clothing designers, and artists also know that colors can evoke emotional response.
34. 20 The names Witches Well, Candlemaker Row and Grassmarket Square evoke visions of another era.
35. For example, does a yellow-green evoke Kermit the Frog, or monsters under the bed?
36. Fusing in lower intervertebral of lumbar would evoke much more cataplasia in the adjacent segment.
37. Messily directed by John Schlesinger, it fails to evoke admiration or sympathy for its characters.
38. 23) One call might evoke a window, with the standard scroll bars and title bar.
39. 29 Since joining the business world I have seen similar techniques evoke similarly successful results.
40. 8 She tried everything in an attempt to evoke sympathy and pity from her parents.
41. Still, picturing the jeers her old padded jacket would evoke, she couldn't restrain her tears.
42. Where do evokes the infinitive as a reality, the modals evoke it as a potentiality.
43. 29 One call might evoke a window, with the standard scroll bars and title bar.
44. For most people, few things evoke fear like the image of a great white shark.
45. Objective To discuss the early diagnostic value of evoke potential detection subclinical hepatic encephalopathy ( SHE ).
46. 13 One call might evoke a window,[www.Sentencedict.com] with the standard scroll bars and title bar.
47. You may intend your composition to evoke the sense of a steaming paella in sunny Spain.
48. While the above are possibly reinforcing features, school curricula, may also evoke tensions in gender identities.
49. Icons are destined both to reflect and evoke prayerful concentration and serenity in communication with God.
50. Gentle pressure over the hindquarters as shown may first be necessary to evoke the required response.