frighten in English
the savagery of his thoughts frightened him
- scare startle alarm terrify petrify shock chill panic shake disturb dismay unnerve unman intimidate terrorize cow daunt strike terror intoput the fear of God intochill someone to the bone/marrowmake someone's blood run coldscare the living daylights out ofscare stiffscare someone out of their witsscare witlessscare to deathscare the pants off spook make someone's hair stand on endmake someone jump out of their skingive someone the heebie-jeebiesmake someone's hair curlscare the bejesus out of affright
- affright fright scare
Use "frighten" in a sentence
1. Alsatians frighten me
2. I am afraid I may frighten the company , frighten or enthrall them.
3. 25 He doesn't frighten easily.
4. And frighten me with visions,
5. 12 She doesn't frighten easily .
6. 11 Terrors frighten him on all sides+
7. To frighten away thieves and bring fertility.
8. You'll frighten the baby wearing that mask.
9. And not let his terror frighten me,+
10. 8 I didn't mean to frighten you.
11. 11 Spiders frighten him to death.
12. You'll find that I don't frighten easily.
13. 8 No enemy can frighten us into submission.
14. 1 Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.
15. Such supernatural experiences often frighten those having them.
16. It is meant to frighten off evil spirits.
17. Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.
18. Then To·biʹah would send letters to frighten me.
19. 16 Did I just frighten you beyond belief?
20. They fired off several shots to frighten us.
21. I thought the stories were told to frighten children.
22. 16 Be quiet or you'll frighten the deer off.
23. Television news, in other words, tends to frighten people.
24. Loved to climb the castle walls, frighten his mother.
25. He no longer possessed the power to frighten her.
26. But you child's crying frighten away my three sick.
27. 18 It doesn't frighten them. They're used to it.
28. 7 They fired off several shots to frighten us.
29. 14 You'll frighten the baby wearing that mask.
30. 10 Don't frighten him. He's telling the truth.
31. 9 No enemy can frighten us into submission.
32. 2 You'll find that I don't frighten easily.
33. 25 Will you try to frighten a windblown leaf
34. 13 Don't frighten me. He is telling the truth.
35. 5 Arrived another place, is again frighten by light ignominiously.
36. Navy pilots attract geisha girls but they frighten the fish.
37. James loves sneaking up on his sister to frighten her.
38. They were evidently trying to frighten the public into obedience.
39. 15 Computers used to frighten me,[www.Sentencedict.com] but not now.
40. 6 He no longer possessed the power to frighten her.
41. Unless he means to frighten me with his contempt.
42. 5 He would never frighten anyone or cause them any harm .
43. If the boy thinks he can frighten me, he's mistaken.
44. Ironically, it may, indeed, frighten the lay reader away altogether.
45. If you frighten her, she'll close up hard as a clam.
46. Guns are shot into the branches to frighten away evil spirits.
47. Fairground rides are intended to frighten the life out of you.
48. 19 He tried to frighten me by showing me a knife.
49. 17 You'll find that these girls don't frighten easily now.
50. 23 He was the cat they captured to frighten the monkey.