inanna in English
ancient Sumerian goddess of love fertility and wa
Use "inanna" in a sentence
1. The Great Anunnaki obliterate Agade. Inanna escapes.
2. Aphrodite took on Inanna-Ishtar's associations with sexuality and procreation.
3. Directed by the warlike Inanna, he penetrates the Sinai peninsula, invades Egypt.
4. 10 We have traced her history from the great goddesses of the pre-patriarchal period, especially Inanna and her handmaiden, Lilith.
5. The story of his life revolves around his devotion to the goddess Ishtar (also known as Inanna) and painful yearning for an heir to the throne.
6. The cult of Aphrodite was largely derived from that of the Phoenician goddess Astarte, a cognate of the East Semitic goddess Ishtar, whose cult was based on the Sumerian cult of Inanna.
7. During her tenure, she penned 42 amazingly eloquent temple hymns to praise not only her main master, but love and war goddess Ishtar/Inanna and their respective institutions of worship as well.