ineffectual in English
an ineffectual campaign
Use "ineffectual" in a sentence
1. She remembered her ineffectual efforts to comfort him.
2. He is a well-meaning but ineffectual leader.
3. The police were completely ineffectual in this matter.
4. Middle-class pressure for liberal reforms was ineffectual.
5. 22 Several of the teachers were ineffectual at maintaining discipline.
6. * How ineffectual the Assisi prayer meeting proved to be!
7. Constant activity can easily become an ineffectual nervous twitch.
8. Abortifacient pills, usually ineffectual, were widely advertised in newspapers.
9. Several of the teachers were ineffectual at maintaining discipline.
10. Our Intelligence Service was untrained, cumbersome, and almost wholly ineffectual.
11. Teachers often view youth workers as undisciplined and ineffectual.
12. The problems were made worse by the ineffectual political leadership of the coalition.
13. The years of ineffectual service count big in the bestowal of rewards.
14. All of their attempts to come to an agreement has been ineffectual.
15. In his view, the Commission remains a toothless and ineffectual body.
16. He won't be able to deal with the situation;he's too ineffectual.
17. The principal finding aid they offer users -- the card catalogue -- is largely ineffectual.
18. A SS-6 sonar was fitted in June 1940, but proved to be ineffectual.
19. Far worse than an ineffectual president would be an ideologically motivated hatchet man.
20. The mayor had become ineffectual in the struggle to clamp down on drugs.
21. His first, Kristine Gebbie, resigned after being criticized by AIDS activists for being ineffectual.
22. 21) Far worse than an ineffectual president would be an ideologically motivated hatchet man.
23. 8 The resulting circularity does not, of course, make the arguments wrong or even ineffectual.
24. 18 Legislatures are ineffectual, and real power is concentrated in the executive branch of government.
25. Legislatures are ineffectual, and real power is concentrated in the executive branch of government.
26. Afridi was targeted by Ju 87 Stukas diving from each side, making evasive manoeuvres ineffectual.
27. Soviet capabilities for the long range projection of power in the Third World were comparatively ineffectual.
28. Once more, here, certain trade union members have been disappointed with the Commissioner's ineffectual response to their complaints.
29. The breach between them grew by itself, a result of misunderstandings, inadequate concessions and ineffectual violence.
30. When economic and social progress is hindered by ineffectual and corrupt government, the global polity suffers.
31. Like individuals, organizations fall into bad habits and ineffectual behaviors more or less by chance.
32. I admitted that the system was corrupt , ineffectual , malleable and thereby unjust but balked at using the word evil .
33. 13 He watched the flying fish burst out and again and the ineffectual movements of the bird.
34. The few scattered disturbances during the summer and autumn in behalf of the ex-dictator proved ineffectual.
35. 22 They weld together mineral grains of radically different compositions and properties, rendering most techniques of mineral separation and enrichment ineffectual.
36. Experience on statutory advisory committees to the health board has shown me how slow and often ineffectual they are.
37. 18 Self-defeating organizations are nothing if not adroit at minimizing the costs of their destructive or ineffectual actions.
38. 22 The deaths from ineffectual rescue after ascending the well and from underground aerial tramway count up to
39. He saw himself: an ineffectual clergyman on a bicycle, lanky and grey-haired, a familiar sight, tidying up.
40. Self-defeating organizations are nothing if not adroit at minimizing the costs of their destructive or ineffectual actions.
41. The educational systems and cultural climates in every country are so diverse that international planning would be unwise and ineffectual.
42. They weld together mineral grains of radically different compositions and properties, rendering most techniques of mineral separation and enrichment ineffectual.
43. The Bradley Effect will have proved ineffectual, and the unquiet ghost of Tom Bradley will finally be laid to rest.
44. The current awareness that the modern nation-state has become severely strained, or even ineffectual, has evoked a range of responses.
45. Western military intervention—no matter how halfhearted and apparently ineffectual—is still sufficient to tip the balance against a rogue regime.
46. And they are surprised to learn that boys who lack assertiveness often express their pent-up anger by being ineffectual.
47. A peerless champion of his own era, he had been reduced to an ineffectual has-been by the modern gunslingers.
48. Tetrodotoxin can be found in the liver, ovaries, and skin, and accidental death is the common result of ineffectual removal.
49. But tackling these issues is better than continuing to fund ineffectual governments whose interests are unaligned with those of international donors and their people.
50. After a decade of his ineffectual dominion, the Romans removed him and appointed their own governor, the predecessor of Pontius Pilate.