isolde in English
female first name; Iseult, Irish princess who was the wife of the king of Cornwall and the lover of Tristan (king of Cornwall's knight)
Use "isolde" in a sentence
1. Wagner's "Tristan und Isolde" is one of the consummate masterpieces of German opera.
2. Kostner's cousin, Isolde Kostner, was Italy's flag bearer at the 2002 Winter Olympics.
3. Tristan and Isolde 's passion could well be the fruit of substance abuse, of a love potion they drank unknowingly.
4. We all know about "Liebestod" in "Tristan and Isolde," the moments of death in literature which obviously are sexually charged.
5. ISOLDE: Know that I love you Tristan. And wherever you go, whatever you see, I will always be with you.
6. While yet aware of the impropriety of it, Isolde and Tristan fail to harness the mounting escalating magical power of love.
7. By analyzing Runyang's Musicological Analysis of Prelude and Finale of Tristan and Isolde , the author made some suggestion on discipline development of musical analysis.
8. Ben Heppner, who sings Tristan to Meier's Isolde in the current Paris production, started his career as a lyric tenor, but didn't make his breakthrough until he began singing heftier roles.
9. After a festivity attended by the Irish king, Wictred intentionally leads the British soldiers on a night horse ride to the spot where Tristan and Isolde are on a secret tryst.
10. The women whose hearts he broke are long since dead and the man who could never love anyone but himself has made them deathless at moment, I think, with Tristan and Isolde .
11. In Tristan and Isolde, this release from life is achieved by the self-sacrificial love of a woman who is prepared to share her lover's non-existence and unite with him in death.