miserly in English
Use "miserly" in a sentence
1. He left a miserly tip.
2. He is more miserly than economical.
3. A miserly father make a prodigal son.
4. Her father is very rich and miserly.
5. We were offered a miserly 4% pay rise.
6. Because my man is right I am very miserly.
7. 19 A miserly father make a prodigal son.
8. A miserly offer is unlikely to be accepted.
9. A miserly father makes a prodigal son.
10. 1 A miserly father makes a prodigal son.
11. 2 A miserly father makes a prodigal son.
12. She's so miserly that she won't give anything to anyone.
13. He is miserly with both his time and his money.
14. Old Crumwallis won't notice I've had more than his miserly allowance.
15. He is so miserly he won't buy things he relly needs.
16. Miserly Nabal complained loudly about his precious bread, water, and slaughtered meat.
17. Sim did a phenomenal job presenting the heartless, miserly, self - centered Scrooge.
18. Being a student today with miserly grants and limited career prospects is difficult.
19. Awarded a miserly 85% on Issue on budget it's worth far, far more.
20. In 10 years with Llanelli his grand total of games was a miserly 2
21. Even the lower rate makes the offerings from other high street banks look miserly.
22. Lying on his deathbed the rich, miserly old man calls to his longsuffering wife.
23. He is wise and miserly and you cannot skin him out of money.
24. Inn host is very miserly, what give everyday is dietary and very few.
25. Now, my uncle seemed so miserly that I was struck dumb by this sudden generosity.
26. So, for a start, be miserly about tomato paste in meat sauces for pasta.
27. Low - flush toilets and miserly showerheads mandated in 1992 produced years of consumer grumbling and disobedience.
28. His action has already caused the premature death of 700,000 birds with miserly compensation to owners.
29. Too many customers are alienated by our miserly attitude to compensation for mistakes that we made.
30. 14 In 10 years with Llanelli his grand total of games was a miserly 2
31. But Cain, a miserly farmer, offered only a bunch of grass and some worthless seeds to him.
32. The First World's miserly materialism is enough to make any honest seeker yearn for a new alternative or age.
33. Nobody was more surprised than Neeld when his miserly great-uncle proved to be worth nearly ￡1 million, mostly in cash.
34. Dallas Stymies Kings, 5-1 Hockey: Stars play a miserly defense and score four times on power play and once short-handed.
35. 16 Dallas Stymies Kings, 5-1 Hockey: Stars play a miserly defense and score four times on power play and once short-handed.
36. Each panellist who has agreed to have their Internet grazing habits monitored will be paid a seemingly miserly fee of $50 a year.
37. From then on the reader, too, is alert for him, doffing his robe to dance, dominating the tiltyard, until in 1509 he throws the windows open and sweeps his father's miserly dreariness away.