obelisks in English
Use "obelisks" in a sentence
1. Others resemble gigantic ice-cream cones, obelisks, or mushrooms.
2. Obelisks are among the least-understood relics of ancient Egypt.
3. Most modern obelisks are made of several stones; some, like the Washington Monument, are buildings.
4. This is the one that never fall among all the obelisks at the Middle Ages.
5. All these obelisks are dark and sinister, their hulking forms glowering over a carpet of white bones under leaden skies.
6. These sorts of puzzles include hidden warp gates, enigmatic obelisks, invisible platforms, sequences of tetrominos, a ciphered alphabet, and QR codes.
7. Hot water poured out the tops of basalt pillars that normally stand as cold obelisks in the middle of drained-back lava ponds.
8. The massive ruins, dating from between the 1st and the 13th century A.D., include monolithic obelisks, giant stelae, royal tombs and the ruins of ancient castles.
9. In the adjoining Garden on the Ramparts stand two obelisks marking the place where the victims of the Defenestration fell in 16