pahoehoe in English
Herding cattle and galloping horses across rough a'a lava fields and smoother pahoehoe takes a special kind of cowboy-the Kona paniolo.
Use "pahoehoe" in a sentence
1. This smooth flowing lava is known as pahoehoe.
2. Pahoehoe lava flows are highly fluid, flowing easily.
3. Pahoehoe lava flows on Kilauea volcano in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
4. This image shows ropy pahoehoe, a type of basaltic lava that forms when solidifying lava meets an obstruction.
5. A hornito is a small rootless spatter cone that forms on the surface of a basaltic lava flow (usually pahoehoe).
6. According to the National Park service, pahoehoe, "a relatively smooth lava, takes its name from the Hawaiian word for 'ropy."
7. 20 A hornito is a small rootless spatter cone that forms on the surface of a basaltic lava flow (usually pahoehoe).
8. A segment of pahoehoe at Craters of the Moon that has had the top of its surface broken off, revealing a rust color below.