pints in English
I still talk about acres, yards, feet and inches; not forgetting gallons and pints and also hundredweights pounds and ounces.
Use "pints" in a sentence
1. There are eight pints in a gallon.
2. He knocked back six pints of beer.
3. He drank several pints of ale.
4. One litre is equal to 76 imperial pints.
5. He's only had two pints all afternoon.
6. 17 This bowl holds about four pints.
7. Apparently, he drinks two pints of milk and, as soon as he feels drowsy, he drinks two pints of orange juice.
8. Add two pints of water to the mixture.
9. Two pints of beer had mellowed my father.
10. That bowl has a capacity of two pints.
11. 1 There are eight pints in a gallon.
12. One litre is equal to 1.76 imperial pints.
13. 16 He knocked back six pints of beer.
14. 5 That bowl has a capacity of two pints.
15. 2 Add two pints of water to the mixture.
16. Pull pints of porter for the men off the ship.
17. I drew off three pints of beer from the barrel.
18. She's much too prim and proper to drink pints of beer.
19. 15 We went through five pints of milk last week.
20. 9 I drew off three pints of beer from the barrel.
21. 7 She's much too prim and proper to drink pints of beer.
22. 7 Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, please.
23. 10 I drew off three pints of beer from the barrel.
24. His boast that he could drink ten pints of beer impressed nobody.
25. 14 The barman laughed and began to pull a couple of pints.
26. It took three pints of home brew, each, before we stopped scratching.
27. The court was told the airman had drunk seventeen pints of beer.
28. Rule Britannia and child abuse. Electronic tagging, Boss, ten pints and plenty rape.
29. Or two people can fill it with five pints and maybe live.
30. Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I. V. hookup.
31. Not for us the couple of pints in the backroom bar after the gig.
32. 22 He certainly wasn't dumping his pints on the floor on the sly.
33. There are two pints in a quart and four quarts in a gallon.
34. And the reason why this will work is because you have pints in the numerator.
35. Alcoholic Geoffrey Frederick Gregory was drinking up to 12 pints a day back in 19
36. It was a feast, swilled down in the boys' case at least. with pints of good cider.
37. A third operation followed, on May 27, where he received an additional 20 pints of blood.
38. He had six pints of beer and was blind drunk by the time he went home.
39. Instead, he was more like a man trying to down a couple of swift pints before closing time.
40. I bet you didn't know, it takes about 5 pints of water to make a pint of beer.
41. He bled ... he tried to reach the door ... there was blood all over the floor ... pints of it.
42. Paul's guide to this mighty sauce is three large refuse sacks of breadcrumbs to 60 pints of milk.
43. What if it was the fact that you tore out your stitches and lost two pints of blood?
44. I smiled, mopped my face, and sat on a rock to toast myself with two pints of chlorinated water.
45. 13 You have probably been perspiring quite impressively too, and you are beginning to have fantasies of pints of a cool drink.
46. 26 Read in studio A man has admitted knocking down and killing a cyclist after drinking more than five pints of lager.
47. It became a joke to ply him with half-pints of beer and fantasies about each other's unfitness for battle.
48. Several ancient men in worn and baggy clothes sit at separate tables drinking neat whiskey and half pints of Beamish.
49. You have probably been perspiring quite impressively too, and you are beginning to have fantasies of pints of a cool drink.
50. 26 No more than one hundred are assigned to Wrigley Field for the forty-five thousand Bear fans, with their pints of brandy.