professing in English
he had professed his love for her
a people professing Christianity
a professor—what does he profess?
Use "professing" in a sentence
1. He is professing history.
2. Live truth instead of professing it.
3. He is professing history at a university.
4. "I don't know," Pollard replied, professing innocence.
5. In court, the man was still professing his innocence.
6. 12 But ( which becometh women professing godliness ) with good works.
7. But ( which becometh women professing godliness ) with good works.
8. Professing Christianity, he had little compassion in his make - up.
9. But, what befits women professing godly reverence , by good works.
10. While professing to champion Christianity, Constantine kept one foot in paganism.
11. Christmas is a holiday that unifies almost all of professing Christendom.
12. The Jews stood forth distinct from all other nations, professing allegiance to God.
13. Soon enough, Ferdinand was professing his love and asking her to marry him.
14. Persons professing love of God and Christ need to guard their statements and actions.
15. Incense has recently enjoyed a revival even among those not professing a religion.
16. She made George her confident , professing to find in him a kindred spirit.
17. George would spend early evenings lying on the hillside with her, professing his love.
18. In time, a number of Gujarati-speaking families from among the professing Christians there accepted the truth.
19. 6 The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
20. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
21. “Nonreligious” includes: “Persons professing no religion, nonbelievers, agnostics, freethinkers, dereligionized secularists indifferent to all religion.”
22. In 303 C.E., vicious persecution broke out in the Roman Empire against those professing Christianity.
23. Justin asked for a sober-minded judicial inquiry into the lives and beliefs of professing Christians.
24. The practical materialists, even professing adherence to a moral code, do not cease to be by ethical materialists.
25. Yet at times kungfu appears to contradict itself, professing one thing while seeming to do the opposite.
26. Just ask any professing born again believer how they know that Jesus rose from the dead?
27. While professing to believe in God, many think that law and order have to be enforced by man.
28. (Psalm 119:113-120) We do not approve of “halfhearted ones,” even as Jesus disapproves of lukewarm professing Christians today.
29. For centuries, Russians have given and received beautifully painted Easter eggs at Easter time, thereby professing their belief in Christ's resurrection.
30. The raw compositions, thaw condition, emulsifier, stabilizer and additional level were studied, we confirmed the formula and professing technology of smear process cheese.
31. I have lately vented and publicly asserted divers wicked, blasphemous, and Atheistical positions professing that I gloried to be an Hobbist and an Atheist.
32. But more recently professing evangelical scholars have advocated revisionary versions of numerous doctrines. A revisionary doctrine of God has been advocated by proponents of "openness theology."
33. It is this Magisterium 's task to preserve God's people from deviations and defections and to guarantee them the objective possibility of professing the true faith without error.
34. There was Citadel's Ken Griffin, arguably the smartest guy in the business, puking up 47% of its main fund through November and professing to being completely flummoxed by the market's behavior.
35. Because we follow the Scriptural admonition to “adorn [ourselves] in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, . . . in the way that befits [those] professing to reverence God.” —1 Tim.
36. “The religious fanaticism stirred up by a priest [name and address given] against honest citizens, whose only fault is that of professing a different religion from that of the above-named cleric, is of a particularly serious nature . . .
37. You may transact your worldly concerns with a person that knows not God, and makes no profession of Christianity, whatever his moral character may be; but, ye must not even thus far acknowledge a man professing Christianity, who is scandalous in his conduct.
38. In addition , Charles J . Bishop ( original last name : Bishara ) was a teenager who drove his small plane into a high - rise Tampa building after writing a suicide note professing admiration for Osama bin Laden and the 9 / 11 hijackers .
39. God’s Word foretold this development, saying: “There will be a period of time when they [people professing to serve God] will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled.”
40. + 9 Likewise, the women should adorn themselves in appropriate* dress, with modesty and soundness of mind,* not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive clothing,+ 10 but in the way that is proper for women professing devotion to God,+ namely, through good works.