protestation in English
Use "protestation" in a sentence
1. She repeated her protestation of innocence.
2. They have to make a protestation of that news.
3. Despite their protestation, they were glad to accept our help.
4. His repeated protestation of his innocence did not avail him.
5. Her protestation of innocence had a hollow ring to it .
6. And unfortunately the loudness of my voice often evokes protestation around.
7. She kneels and makes a show of protestation to him.
8. Despite his protestation to the contrary, he was extremely tired.
9. Despite their protestation, they were still glad to accept our help.
10. The call to community is not a hollow protestation of universal brotherhood.
11. On 20 April they presented the "Letter of Protestation", which Ferdinand refused to accept.
12. Was there really no more to the pitch than this rhetorical protestation of devotion?
13. Cherry was a green - eyed monster, but tried to hide it under protestation of admiration.
14. Nous avons adress é une protestation é nergique aupr è s de votre ambassade au sujet de cette affaire.
15. Every protestation that she should go on this outing was clearly a plea for her to stay and resist the invitation.
16. Felix Manz left written testimony of his faith, an eighteen-stanza hymn, and was apparently the author of Protestation und Schutzschrift (a defense of Anabaptism presented to the Zürich council) 3 .
17. On 12 June 1626, the Commons launched a direct protestation attacking Buckingham, stating, "We protest before your Majesty and the whole world that until this great person be removed from intermeddling with the great affairs of state, we are out of hope of any good success; and do fear that any money we shall or can give will, through his misemployment, be turned rather to the hurt and prejudice of this your kingdom than otherwise, as by lamentable experience we have found those large supplies formerly and lately given."