rehire in English
the company dismissed its workers and rehired them on a lower rate
he declined to give any specifics on the number of possible rehires
Use "rehire" in a sentence
1. Foster Farms plans to rehire many of its former workers.
2. The latest figures indicate companies are beginning to rehire.
3. For example, he made plans to rehire some of Iraq's former border guards.
4. Can the court order a school board to rehire a teacher?
5. But businesses aren't going to rehire nearly as many workers amid the current policy uncertainty.
6. He expects to rehire all the employees who were laid off in the fall.
7. However, it is predicted to rehire tens rather than hundreds of people, and mainly head office staff.
8. Just Imagine how many teachers we could rehire, if the DOJ just did some consolidation in house.
9. Sixty-one percent said they'll rehire retirees as independent contractors or consultants, making them ineligible for benefits.
10. We have asked that they rehire the people that were fired and that they make restitution to them.
11. Companies arguably fired workers too aggressively this time, but they show little inclination to rehire, even though the recession has supposedly been over for five months now.