roundels in English
Antarctic veteran Bill Storer presents the roundel of Auster A11-201 to the director of the RAAF Museum, David Gardner.
Swinburne commanded an impressive variety of verse forms, writing in classical metres, composing burlesques, modern and mock-antique ballads, roundels , etc.
Use "roundels" in a sentence
1. Roundels with tiled conical roofs require special tiles.
2. The main themes were decorated pillars, trefoils and roundels.
3. Four semi-roundels occupy the spaces between the arms of the saltire.
4. The German aircraft carry black crosses; the British, tri-colour roundels and tail markings.
5. These figures are in the central roundel, while active seabeasts occupy the semi-roundels.
6. The light flooded down from five roundels high up on the far long side, as though in a cathedral clerestory.
7. The twelve enamel plaques were made in Byzantium during the tenth century, but the roundels were made locally at Regensburg.