shaking off in English
Use "shaking off" in a sentence
1. 2 There was no shaking off Steelman.
2. True, the judiciary has changed for the better since shaking off the yoke of the executive.
3. Shaking off years of symbolic retirement, hedges now bristle with the double thorn of enclosure and exclusion.
4. Add a few veal shanks at a time and coat well with flour, shaking off any excess.
5. Please think about these things in a more reasonable mood, shaking off the excess melodrama as you proceed.
6. 3) Shaking off years of symbolic retirement, hedges now bristle with the double thorn of enclosure and exclusion.
7. See the article “Shaking Off the Yoke of Spiritism” in the September 1, 1987, issue of our companion magazine, The Watchtower, published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
8. The fallen flowers leave no trace but fragrance, in this bleak season, let the lonely silhouette dance trippingly, shaking off the dust together with the melancholy.
9. Shaking off the sleet from my ice- glazed hat and jacket, I seated myself near the door, and turning sideways was surprised to see Queequeg near me.
10. Poor Lazarus there, chattering his teeth against the curbstone for his pillow, and shaking off his tatters with his shiverings, he might plug up both ears with rags, and put a corn- cob into his mouth, and yet that would not keep out the tempestuous Euroclydon.