shamir in English
family name; Yitzchak Shamir (born 1915), Israeli politician, former prime minister of Israel (1983-1984, 1986-1992)
Use "shamir" in a sentence
1. The sons of Uzziel, Micah; of the sons of Micah, Shamir. Sentencedict.com
2. Of the sons of Uzziel , Micah ; of the sons of Micah, Shamir.
3. Shamir received 46.4 percent of the total vote of Likud's 2,800-member central committee.
4. Before the establishment of the state of Israel, Shamir was a leader of the Zionist paramilitary group Lehi.
5. Peres wrote to Shamir that he had never asked them to take a position in the first place.
6. Although the 1988 elections produced another national unity government, Shamir was able to take the role alone.
7. In the elections that year his party, strongly focusing on the popularity of its leader, managed to win a clear victory over the Likud of incumbent Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir.
8. Soon afterwards, Ronald Rivest, Adi Shamir, and Len Adleman invented the RSA algorithm, which could be used to produce primitive digital signatures (although only as a proof-of-concept – "plain" RSA signatures are not secure).