sobering in English
Use "sobering" in a sentence
1. European reactions have been sobering.
2. It was a sobering thought .
3. The news had a sobering effect.
4. This led jastrow to the sobering conclusion.
5. But this good news carries a sobering implication.
6. The genetically controlled studies have some sobering results.
7. Surviving a car accident is a sobering experience.
8. Is that not a sobering thought? —James 3:8-10.
9. Neither of them could be described as a sobering influence.
10. The menace of those long gun barrels was sobering.
11. The bad news had a sobering effect on all of us.
12. The news had a sobering effect on all of us.
13. No, it's not a sobering thought, it's a weird one.
14. What sobering fact about human life must all of us face?
15. Once again he was in the sobering presence of violent death.
16. Paul asked them a sobering question: “Why not rather let yourselves be wronged?”
17. I was at a very kind of sobering thing last night
18. It is sobering to realize that this is not a new problem.
19. The abrupt ending of Jesus’ parable leaves us with what sobering question?
20. Parts of the county are still sobering up from the unprecedented celebrations.
21. That sobering thought may inspire us to test carefully the accuracy of what we learn.
22. It is sobering to recall that Messrs Henderson, Cartledge and Bukovsky narrowly lost the debate.
23. If households are slow to shrink back, it has sobering implications for many industries.
24. The experience is sobering, a renewed effort has to be made to obtain commodes.
25. Statistics paint a sobering picture — unemployment, tight credit, lower home values, sluggish job growth.
26. 26 Statistics paint a sobering picture — unemployment, tight credit, lower home values, sluggish job growth.
27. The sobering fact is that Jesus is watching and knows our deeds. —Revelation 3:15.
28. And I know, from the sobering vantage point of midlife, that she will never recover.
29. Their sobering conversation brought home to everyone present the serious and worthwhile work the Red Cross does.
30. 18 Clearly, baptism is a sobering step that neither you nor anyone else should take lightly.
31. Solomon concludes with the sobering words: “He has not known that it involves his very soul.”
32. At Cosford I received a sobering shock, being beaten by Lincoln Asquith in the 60 metres.
33. And I know, from the sobering vantage point of midlife,[Sentencedict] that she will never recover.
34. 4 Those words are encouraging, yet sobering, to all who have taken up the race for life today.
35. These brothers often agonize over such decisions; it is a sobering responsibility to ‘judge for Jehovah.’
36. John summed it up as the super sixties, sobering seventies and ebb and flow of the eighties.
37. But the study also offers a sobering reminder about the financial squeeze on families at the bottom.
38. It was a sobering thought, but one that was whipped out of her mind by Travis's return.
39. 13 That is sobering for anybody tempted to chop down rainforest and plant something more immediately lucrative.
40. He would put his mind to other issues, one of which was sobering in its own right.
41. 19 There were some sobering stats out this morning from a new consumer survey of the affluent.
42. Yet he is a survivor, sticking to his sobering material and plain aesthetic no matter who his paymaster is.
43. 26 Frightening thoughts, but ones that serve as sobering reminders of the need to protect your loved ones with life insurance.
44. This is a sobering reminder of the need for the United States to resume its leadership in an important field.
45. 9 Yet he is a survivor, sticking to his sobering material and plain aesthetic no matter who his paymaster is.
46. The fact that this country spends more on its military than on education and health care combined is a sobering thought .
47. It’s sobering to realize that no matter how poor you may be, others are likely worse off than you are.
48. Zamaron bought the paintings of both Modigliani and Utrillo and let them out after a sobering night in the cells.
49. It was somewhat sobering to have all these things go wrong at once, and I decided to become more selective.
50. Frightening thoughts, but ones that serve as sobering reminders of the need to protect your loved ones with life insurance.