spratly islands in English
Use "spratly islands" in a sentence
1. The Spratly Islands lie in an area thought to be rich in oil and gas. The region also has vital shipping routes.
2. The fact that surrounding areas are rich in oil deposits has led to speculation that the Spratly Islands could be an untapped oil-bearing province.
3. China has claimed mineral rights around the disputed Spratly Islands in the South China Sea and argued that foreign navies cannot sail through the area without Beijing's permission.
4. 1991 - China passes the Law on Territorial Waters and Their Contiguous A reas , laying out its claim to territorial sovereignty over the Paracel and Spratly Islands .
5. A spokesman for President Benigno Aquino said Monday that henceforth, his government will refer to the area of the South China Sea surrounding the disputed Spratly Islands as the West Philippine Sea.