subvert in English
an attempt to subvert democratic government
Use "subvert" in a sentence
1. Do school counselors subvert young children?
2. The rebellious troops attempted to subvert the present government.
3. 7. (a) How does Satan seek to subvert God’s people?
4. Yet he failed to subvert even his vulnerable neighbour.
5. US visa policy that they themselves tried to subvert.
6. A plot or scheme intended to subvert another plot.
7. I subvert the entire world, only to straighten out your reflection.
8. The rebel army is attempting to subvert the government.
9. Marx and Post - modernist both subvert traditional concept of subject.
10. I subvert the whole world just to straighten your reflection.
11. 7 The rebel army is attempting to subvert the government.
12. 5 I subvert the whole world just to straighten your reflection.
13. It's just a matter of time before rebels subvert the government.
14. Too much control and predictability might eventually subvert the organizational goals.
15. Smith was sentenced to 14 years for plotting to subvert the government.
16. 9 Too much control and predictability might eventually subvert the organizational goals.
17. 9 I subvert the entire world,(www.Sentencedict.com) only to straighten out your reflection.
18. Where this kind of space exists, informal relationships need not always subvert formal goals.
19. Coercion and domination subvert the integrity of love by creating power relationships that are its antithesis.
20. Once the team has cracked this bidding code, they should be able to subvert it.
21. US lawmakers have done little to subvert the romance between their citizens and their automobiles.
22. Fatty, sugary foods subvert evolved instincts, as do addictive drugs such as nicotine and cocaine.
23. As in Out, the invasions operated by metaphor both subvert authority and threaten personal security.
24. They then tend to subvert their indicators by trading when the signal is not entirely clear.
25. Neville's genius was to subvert and turn round press attacks on Oz, but they could still cost dearly.
26. It may prescribe the manner of their exercise, but it can not subvert the rights themselves....
27. They tried to subvert our state and our Party. This is the crux of the matter.
28. Shy but cordial friendships were struck up, which Mrs Thomlinson was powerless to prevent or subvert.
29. Then again, anyone can throw in high allusions, and Munnery doesn't abandon the conventions he wants to subvert.
30. Do you recognize the existence of an invisible enemy who is out to subvert God’s sovereignty and man’s allegiance?
31. A more contemporary comparison might be deconstruction, which tries to subvert the text by turning its own unacknowledged premises against it.
32. To subvert them would be to incite peasant revolts even more threatening than those which punctuated the eighteenth century.
33. 12 Then again, anyone can throw in high allusions,[www.Sentencedict.com] and Munnery doesn't abandon the conventions he wants to subvert.
34. In joint athletics, girls subvert the masculinity of the weaker or slow-developing boys without gaining significant athletic reward themselves.
35. It is the bankruptcy of our English-speaking governing classes which allowed the far right to subvert and distort this history.
36. In the absence of checks on imported data, the potential exists for this data to subvert programs running on the systems.
37. If nothing better than linear progress prevails, its glacial not gliding pace will subvert hopes for equality for many generations.
38. In his novel Chapaev and Void, the role of the antihero is to subvert the grand narration by rewriting the original.
39. If it is clear that indicted war criminals like Karadzic subvert the Dayton peace process, why have they not been arrested?
40. 23 If nothing better than linear progress prevails, its glacial not gliding pace will subvert hopes for equality for many generations.
41. 5 A more contemporary comparison might be deconstruction, which tries to subvert the text by turning its own unacknowledged premises against it.
42. Cell transformation Cancer cells become tumorigenic as a result of multiple independent steps which subvert the normal growth control mechanisms described earlier.
43. In language, the novel coloratura written by Li Er imitates the narrating way used in historical discourse, but the real intention is to subvert the historical discourse.
44. (1 Corinthians 12:4, 10) But John’s warning seems applicable to Christians in general and is helpful today when apostates try to subvert the faith of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
45. Its purpose is to infiltrate every department of your government with American agents and provocateurs, to subvert your country and make it little more than an American colony.
46. In another apparent effort to subvert the Supreme Court’s order to ensure accountability, names of security personnel have been left off of most FIRs filed by the CBI.
47. Through experimentation, they learned that these beings, made of aether, a sort of spiritual energy, could fuse themselves with the human mind, possessing and controlling their host if they were able to subvert the human's will.
48. As Paul said, at times “it is necessary to shut the mouths” of “profitless talkers . . . and deceivers of the mind” who ‘subvert entire households by teaching things they ought not for the sake of dishonest gain.’
49. They often use wild situations, like a hero flying to heaven on a dung beetle, or a net cast over a house to keep the owner’s father trapped inside, in order to subvert audience expectations.
50. Rosenfeld derides the interviewed subjects of the book for "not driven by anything remotely like reasoned historical analysis, but rather by a complex range of psychological as well as political motives that subvert reason and replace it with something akin to hysteria".