suitor in English
Use "suitor" in a sentence
1. She refused her suitor.
2. Now, without further ado, your suitor...
3. Is sought by any other suitor?
4. He was an ardent suitor.
5. Is Barclays a good choice of suitor?
6. Pomona's shyest suitor was the wood - god Vertumnus.
7. Did you find a suitor for your daughter?
8. My mother had a suitor who adored her.
9. They had considered her suitor ambitious and upwardly mobile.
10. The persistent suitor made persistent efforts and succeeded eventually.
11. No one can be at once suitor and judge.
12. This is a great way to meet a suitor.
13. Usually speaking, such a young man is a hopeless suitor.
14. The company was making little progress in trying to find a suitor.
15. The geeky suitor lost, which pushes the wrong buttons.
16. 10 They had considered her suitor ambitious and upwardly mobile.
17. E: No one can be at once suitor and judge!
18. Only a suitor with inherited land, and preferably also a title, would do.
19. Of course , before the war, Will would certainly not have been an eligible suitor.
20. The new judge is 50-year-old David Suitor who's regarded as a conservative.
21. A possible suitor wearing a Walkman sang along intermittently much louder than he realized.
22. The Lord of Harrenhal will make a worthy suitor for the widow Arryn.
23. She resisted all advances, for her love of coursing far outweighed her interest in any suitor.
24. Mackenzie put a poison pill into place, which gave the company 60 days to find another suitor.
25. 23 A bit of a bombshell, Vi distracts Betty's hard-won suitor Hugh, touching off a set of sibling sparring.
26. 14) A bit of a bombshell, Vi distracts Betty's hard-won suitor Hugh, touching off a set of sibling sparring.
27. It is said that she was once told how pretty her eyes were by an arranged suitor.
28. This year, each clan will present a suitor to compete in the games for your hand.
29. Eastern Airlines, long a takeover candidate, found itself in bankruptcy, not the arms of a suitor.
30. Kathleen Mailliard, jewelry designer and all-out positive person, arrived bubbling with news of a new suitor.
31. Current broadcasting rules would ban the choice prize a takeover of Granada, the suitor Tyne Tees spurned last year.
32. One persistent suitor took her into a hotel room and committed what Goldman described as "violent contact"; two biographers call it rape.
33. Male flies have acute vision to stalk a potential mate to whom her suitor is a distant blur.
34. A bit of a bombshell, Vi distracts Betty's hard-won suitor Hugh, touching off a set of sibling sparring.
35. In the old days a suitor sometimes had to work in his prospective father-in-law's paddy fields for three years.
36. 18 A bit of a bombshell, Vi distracts Betty's hard-won suitor Hugh,[www.Sentencedict.com] touching off a set of sibling sparring.
37. Fairfax tells me that he is a suitor, eager to lay claim to a girl who is now only eleven.
38. 28 A bit of a bombshell, Vi distracts Betty's hard-won suitor Hugh,[www.Sentencedict.com] touching off a set of sibling sparring.
39. Afterwards it strikes me what that movie is, and I reel out of the cinema like a suitor at the end of a misbegotten date.
40. 17 Afterwards it strikes me what that movie is, and I reel out of the cinema like a suitor at the end of a misbegotten date.
41. In 1947 the former employee Emile G. told some anecdotes from the house, among other things how was billed: "After the last suitor went, I swept and rinsed the glasses.
42. In "Second Hand Rose" — a tune from the 1921 Ziegfield Follies revue — the famous comedian Fanny Brice complained about how hard it was to find a suitable suitor.
43. His neighbor Wendell Moore, a Bell Aerospace engineer, needed an average guy to test the Rocket Belt, which he was developing for the U.S. Army in the early 1960s, and recruited 19-year-old Suitor.
44. Three men seeking to marry Lady Ruri, the sole heir to the Fuenokouji school of incense (kōdō), arrive at her mansion to participate in a competition of incense only to find that the fourth suitor is missing and that the Medicine Seller has taken his place.