thomas malthus|thomas robert malthus in English
(1766-1834) English priest and economist famous for his theories on population control
Use "thomas malthus|thomas robert malthus" in a sentence
1. Lecture 3 introduces what we know as the "dismal science" and the work of Thomas Robert Malthus and David Ricardo.
2. Then came Thomas Robert Malthus [1766-1834] with the discovery that nature does not provide the means of existence for everybody.
3. The debate was present at the creation of populationalarmism, in the person of Rev. Thomas Malthus himself.
4. Already at the end of the 18th century Thomas Malthus published his famous treatise on food and population.
5. He was influenced by Thomas Malthus' work, "An Essay on the Principle of Population" written in seventeen ninety-eight.
6. Partly influenced by An Essay on the Principle of Population (1798) by Thomas Robert Malthus, Darwin noted that population growth would lead to a "struggle for existence" in which favourable variations prevailed as others perished.
7. Will Malthus Continue to Be Wrong?
8. On the latter, it is an irony of intellectual history that Thomas Malthus, prophet of overpopulation, worried about the lack of resources just as these pessimistic assumptions became untrue.
9. They all stand on the shoulders of giants: British economist Thomas Malthus predicted in the 19th century that the rise in population would lead to widespread famine and catastrophe.
10. In this particular instance, Malthus was eventually proven wrong.
11. For the past 200 years, ever since Thomas Malthus published his Essay on the Principle of Population, big thinkers have been wondering whether Earth-dwellers will eventually run out of food.
12. Malthus will always be known mainly for his views on population.
13. Malthus was hotched at the news of his first plan's failure.
14. Before Orion could answer, Thomas Robert and I all chimed in.
15. The Year of Six Million: Math of Population — was Malthus Right?
16. Malthus wrote about the risks involved in the world's population increasing exponentially.
17. Malthus believed that population increase would outpace increases in the means of subsistence.
18. More mouths to feed, Malthus contended, meant less food in each mouth.
19. Malthus then explains that the main check on population growth is food.
20. Malthus thought their more-the-merrier theory was hopelessly loony and downright dangerous.
21. - --- Thomas Carlyle.
22. Thomas Aquinas.
23. There has very great influence in the western economics'development for economic thought of Malthus.
24. In Thomas birthday party, Charlie immodesty smashed Thomas birthday cake.
25. 12 Malthus believed that population increase would outpace increases in the means of subsistence.