widowed in English
['wid·owed || 'wɪdəʊd]
made a widow by the death of a husband
Use "widowed" in a sentence
1. Carla was widowed very young.
2. The only daughter of a widowed father.
3. He was widowed at the age of
4. Widowed in 19 Mrs Hayes never remarried.
5. Imogen stayed with her widowed sister.
6. She may have been married, widowed or divorced.
7. He was widowed at the age of 52.
8. She was widowed when she was
9. His widowed mother brought him up.
10. 14 The widowed bride of Vesuvius.
11. She was widowed at the age of
12. 17 She was widowed when she was
13. Widowed in 1949, Mrs Hayes never remarried.
14. Many people were widowed by the war.
15. She was widowed at an early age.
16. She was recently widowed and wearing mourning.
17. The war widowed many women in the former yugoslavia.
18. I'd been widowed a year when we met.
19. The widowed mother reared up the two children.
20. A surprise attack widowed the army of its supplies.
21. There are three other categories: widowed, separated and divorced.
22. They are married, divorced, separated, widowed, and never married.
23. There was once a widowed washerwoman with three daughters.
24. The war widowed many women in the former Yugoslavia.
25. More and more young men are widowed by cancer.
26. His daughter-in-law, widowed that very day, died in childbirth.
27. The poor woman started sobbing inconsolably as if she'd been widowed.
28. Judah was wrong in his dealings with his widowed daughter-in-law, Tamar.
29. His second wife, Hilary, had been widowed, then exiled from South Africa.
30. Please state whether you are single, cohabiting, married, separated, divorced or widowed.
31. If a woman without sons is widowed, she is the ultimate casualty.
32. Tony's mother was widowed at the age of 23 with three children.
33. Firstly, a widowed grandmother may be remembered as moving into the family home.
34. These were women who had not married, were divorced, or were widowed.
35. Across the way their widowed first cousin lived in a yellow house.
36. There were also changes in the numbers and age distribution of widowed and divorced women.
37. I was the oldest of three small children our widowed mother struggled to raise.
38. He wasted little time in finding a replacement, choosing the widowed Mary of Guise.
39. It's really not easy for a widowed mother to rear up four children.
40. When I was a little boy, my widowed mother gave me the most severe discipline possible.
41. a widower who immediately before pensionable age is not entitled to widowed parent's allowance; or
42. Widowed four years ago, she lives off two pensions left by her late husband.
43. — a widower who immediately before pensionable age is not entitled to widowed parent’s allowance, or
44. For those widowed or bereaved in other ways, victory must have had a hollow sound.
45. 21 We were gathered together, all ten of us, for our widowed mother's 80th birthday.
46. Others are widowed or divorced, and hate being the odd one out among friends who are all couples.
47. 3 During a recce, the deaths column of local newspapers often prove invaluable - the newly-widowed are particularly vulnerable.
48. John G. is a shy, virginal youth who still shares a room with his widowed father.
49. Single, married, divorced or separated, or widowed, about 69 percent think women want to be married.
50. Moreover, should she in her widowed state even consider a lover? Society would not tolerate it.