wilde in English
family name; Oscar Wilde (1854-1900, born Oscar Fingall O'Flahertie Wills Wilde), Irish poet playwright who wrote "The Importance of Being Earnest"
Use "wilde" in a sentence
1. CHRIS: Who's Oscar Wilde?
2. Do you like Oscar Wilde?
3. The Wilde family were religious.
4. Oscar Wilde was a famous wit.
5. Oscar Wilde was Irish by birth.
6. Poe never became abject , like Oscar Wilde.
7. Oscar Wilde was a noted nonconformist.
8. His style distantly resembles that of Wilde.
9. An earnest attempt at the Wilde life.
10. Wilde was now on the brink of perdition.
11. Wilde was emphatic that the event should go ahead.
12. Authors studied include Twain, Wilde, Shakespeare, and Cervantes.
13. Nobody will deny that Wilde is an outstanding aesthete.
14. 3) Authors studied include Twain, Wilde, Shakespeare, and Cervantes.
15. Oscar Wilde, his masterpiece, The importance of Being Earnest.
16. Maurice Hall : I'm an unspeakable of the Oscar Wilde sort.
17. Magdalen alumni include William Hague, Seamus Heaney and Oscar Wilde.
18. Wilde fell and struck his head on the stone floor.
19. The playwright Oscar Wilde was noted for his epigrams.
20. The German-born photographer was admired by writers such as Oscar Wilde.
21. Greek and Latin are all English to me, said Oscar wilde.
22. And was it really the crime of passion that Wilde eloquently records?
23. Hammond Wilde was equally emphatic that the event should go ahead.
24. As an aesthete, Wilde tried to blur the boundary between art and life.
25. 26 And was it really the crime of passion that Wilde eloquently records?
26. Look at Oscar Wilde, she'd say! Read the transcripts of his trial!
27. A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally. Oscar Wilde
28. Jimmy Wilde - one of the great unsung heroes of Crystal Palace, until today!
29. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. Oscar Wilde
30. Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. Oscar Wilde
31. It was Oscar Wilde who made the famous quip about life mimicking art.
32. 18 Morality, like art,(www.Sentencedict.com) means drawing a line someplace. Oscar Wilde
33. Oscer Wilde was the most active advocator and also the earnest practitioner of aestheticism.
34. 15 After Wilde, Orlando attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama for 3 years.
35. Of George Meredith, Oscar Wilde said, "as a writer he has mastered everything except language;"
36. 13 Oscar Wilde, an aesthetician in 19th,(www.Sentencedict.com) was a writer with modern significance.
37. After Wilde, Orlando attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama for 3 years.
38. 16) William Butler Yeats, James Joyce, Samuel Beckett, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, and Edmund Burke.
39. His romantic notions of Oscar Wilde are fully acted out while he stays in this condition.
40. A pessimist is somebody who complains about the noise when opportunity knocks. Oscar Wilde
41. Oscar Wilde and Walter Pater, both notorious advocators of the theory of"art for art's sake."
42. Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory. Oscar Wilde
43. I am too fond of reading books to care to write them. Oscar Wilde
44. William Butler Yeats, James Joyce, Samuel Beckett, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, and Edmund Burke.
45. Some subjects, I'd learned during the weeks I followed Oscar Wilde, were better left only as implications.
46. 18 Oscar Wilde and Walter Pater, both advocators of the theory of " art for art's sake. "
47. Later, when Wilde ended up in Reading Gaol, Miller organized a fund-raising campaign for him.
48. 26 The Style of Self - cancelling Assertion: How does Heller Differ from Wilde? From Nabokov ? From Humbert?
49. Wilde took poetic licence to the extreme, for the true story is much more down to earth.
50. Oscar Wilde was famous for such aphorisms as 'Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes'.