willem in English
male first name (form of William)
Use "willem" in a sentence
1. The alarming cry, “Wim, the police!” woke up Willem Kettelarij.
2. Willem Dafoe has played both sides of the moralistic coin.
3. The following story is based upon the Bible. It was rewritten by Hendrik Willem Van Loon.
4. Willem 's Gravesande of the Netherlands provided experimental evidence of this relationship.
5. The genus name is for Willem Hendrik de Vriese, Dutch botanist, physician (1806–1862).
6. Jeroen Willem Boere (18 November 1967 – 16 August 2007) was a Dutch football player.
7. "Speed 2" stars Willem Dafoe as the villain who takes over a luxury cruise ship.
8. On 31 January 2017, Sakor was loaned to Willem II until the end of the season.
9. In 1902 Willem Einthoven published the first human electrocardiograms which were recorded by his string galvanometer.
10. It's changed since Willem painted the scene in 18 but we could still see the softly sloping dunes.
11. A youth product of Willem II, De Jong played through the entire youth system at the club.
12. Historians are still debating whether it actually was Willem Beukelzoon of Biervliet who invented the herring gibbing process.
13. Willem de Kooning is a famous American artist for express abstract art, large amount of his paintings are extremely abstract.
14. The 19th century building was designed by Adriaan Willem Weissman and the 21st century wing with the current entrance was designed by Benthem Crouwel Architects.
15. In February 1606, Dutch navigator Willem Janszoon landed near the site of what is now Weipa, on the western shore of Cape York.
16. TRH Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima of The Netherlands arrive with TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex to the Government dinner.
17. There is no jury system in South Africa, and the sole arbiter in this case is Judge Willem Van Der Merwe, described by the press as a "courteous, anglicized Afrikaner".
18. Willem Johan Kolff was born in Leyden, the Netherlands, on Feb. 19 He received his M. D. at Leyden University in 1938 and a Ph. D. at the University of Groningen in 19
19. He received his doctorate in 1961 in Leiden from Willem Titus van Est (1921-2002) and Jacob Murre with thesis Reducible and Multiple Algebraic Curves, but had previously studied under Jean-Pierre Serre in Paris and Aldo Andreotti in Pisa.
20. Just a week ago, the National Academy of Engineering awarded its Draper Prize to Francis Arnold and Willem Stemmer, two scientists who independently developed techniques to encourage the natural process of evolution to work faster and to lead to desirable proteins in a more efficient way -- what Frances Arnold calls "directed evolution."